Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2010, 07:39 PM
New Guy

Default Re: Show Your MR1

Is the foresight on that useful?
I was thinking about getting one but wasn't sure.

Rob
Old 05-26-2010, 04:39 AM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSanten25 View Post
Is the foresight on that useful?
I was thinking about getting one but wasn't sure.

Rob
yes i wanna know to..

Nice Setup my friend im planing get a Q-Loader to.
The mount kit is custome made or is the one that you buy in qloader.com?
72Cu/3000 Pure Energy
Old 05-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Sonny04627

Using the red dot scope with the foresight is not useful due to the carry handle height. The scope sits to high, but you can still adjust it to be tactically useful. If you customize the mr-1 to work with the 7/8 scope mount, you can line your red dot with your m-16 sight, a lot of tweaking to fit the scope and allow the gun to cock properly.

I bought the Q-Loader from
http://www.hustlepaintball.com/Produ...440101&click=2
I was wondering the same thing, how did people customize the Q-Loader to fit the MR-1.

You DO NOT need the custom mounting kit, nor do you need any Spyder fittings. All required material is included in the package if you are willing to take the time to customize it. (Bending largest ring to fit mag)

Step 1- I took the mag off, bent the ring to fit, put the thread piece on the ring and faced it toward the front of the gun, then slid it down over the top of the mag about an inch or so, allowing room for my m-16 barrel shroud.
(Took me longest to bend this ring, lol about an hour of messing with it.)

Step 2- Put the mag back on the MR-1 with the ring in place or close to being in place. Put it where you like and screw the loading socket onto the mounting ring.

Step 3- I used my stock 45 degree MR-1 feed neck and wrapped electrical(Black) tape around it once. Only one layer, do not overlap the tape or else the Q-Loader elbow will push the tape down.
(Reason for the tape is to hold the feed neck together, when i first got mine all setup i loaded the pod went outside and after 5 shots the Q-Loader elbow slipped off and the whole pod emptied onto the ground, so use something (Tape) to add a little extra grip for the elbow to catch.

Step 4- Put a large O-ring on the feed hose, soap it a little and slide it into the elbow. Put the elbow on the gun then estimate an extra 3 ribs on the feed hose and cut it to fit the mounting socket on your mag. Use another O-ring and some soap to get the feed hose into the mounting socket.

Step 5- Load the q-loader pod, attach and enjoy!

I love the Q-Loader since i got it, it adds a little weight to the front of the gun but also puts the loader underneath. Also the mounting socket has a curve to it allowing your hand to rest on that curve while you grip your mag.

Any other questions just ask. I'm happy to help with this, i couldn't find much for research but now that i got it, all the questions are easily answered.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Sonny04627

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSanten25 View Post
http://m969.photobucket.com/albumvie...YNe Ed8LSg%3D

that is my red tiger MR1 sorry about the picture it's not the best...
Looks good with coloring. I'm playing woods ball so I'm kinda thinking wrap my gun with gillie or something. I don't know how to do well paint job so i would just cover my guns
Old 05-27-2010, 04:24 AM
New Guy

so you said i dont need this mod http://www.qloader.com/sp8kit.html
72Cu/3000 Pure Energy
Old 05-27-2010, 04:31 AM
New Guy

About the Qpod this can easy fix on a normal harnnes? or just in the Qloader Harnnes?
72Cu/3000 Pure Energy
Old 05-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Sonny04627

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiN View Post
About the Qpod this can easy fix on a normal harnnes? or just in the Qloader Harnnes?
You do not need the mod.

The q pods are a bit fatter and about 2 or 3 inches longer than 100 round pods. You need a belt that will fit 150 round refill pods. Or atleast my 150 round pod holders hold the Qpod perfectly.
If you need i can take a picture of the q pod next to a normal pod and also add a q pod into my harness alongside of a regular pod.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:54 PM
New Guy

It's not much yet, cause I got it two weeks ago but this is my current "mod" and set up for now while I come across some moolah.

http://s773.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=IMG_0264.jpg

That's the current set up, 20oz CO2 tank, RAP4 remote coil, Spyder TL barrel and MR1 original barrel.

http://s773.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=IMG_0265.jpg

And these are my "mods" a trigger stop and some foam for my fingers to bounce off of.

I'm thinking of hacking my stock and adding a clamping feedneck next cause those are cheap to do, in the mean time.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:14 PM
The Merc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBNub View Post
I'm thinking of [...] adding a clamping feedneck
I have a like new Trinity clamping feedneck that I could sell you for cheap if you're interested...
Old 07-02-2010, 08:27 PM

This my project gun. It took me a while since I was so busy with school. (programming is such a pain and takes up so much time ). I think it came out pretty well, the hardest part was getting the mag on. I would discourage doing it the way I did as it take A LOT of work. I can explain if anybody wants to know. There was a lot of metal cutting to fit things in places, luckily everything was made of aluminum.

*After looking at it a bit i realized that the mag needed to be a little bit closer to the trigger frame so I adjusted it a little more. The top pic is the more recent picture. The bottom pic shows how it used to look not as good imo.

ok here's the list of goods.

Spyder MR1
Spyder Classic Single Trigger Frame
M16/AR15 Carry Handle
PCS MX-16 Barrel and Shroud (I have a 14" J&J but this one looks better for the pics)
Rap4 Clamping Feedneck
6 Point Collapsible Stock
M16/AR15 Recoil Pad
M16/AR15 30rd Magazine
Custom Milled Side Cocking Slot by ACP
ACP Slim Delrin Striker with Side Cocking Hole
Spyder Classic Side Cocking Knob

Last edited by rayray88 : 07-04-2010 at 11:58 PM.